Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Steps to add +1 node in easiest way to 2 or 3 node cluster?From remote location. 3 years 1 month ago #2385

• Varga B.
  • Varga B.'s Avatar Topic Author
Hi,

1. If I have 2 server, works fine, but any hosts down, from scratch, adding a full new server, how need to do this as steps?
2. If my 2 XCP-NG + HA-LIZARD server in A location, but 1 server down, but I'm far from A location, because I'm in B location, far from servers, how can I preconfigure the new server? Because if someone move the 3. server to A location and turn on, it need to works without any changes. Possible to make this?
2. If the original 2. server will back from repair, it will works fine?

3. If I got already 3 server in start, but only 2 turned on, and if any 1. or 2. active server fault, and turning on the offline 3. server what configured, its OK and works fine?

4. At this situation how add and create 4. server from different location, but works at primary location?

So it's not clear, how can add +1 node if I'm not close to this servers locally.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Steps to add +1 node in easiest way to 2 or 3 node cluster?From remote location. 3 years 1 month ago #2389

• Salvatore Costantino
Ideally - the new/replacement server will be identical to the one being replaced. This is important because the disk layout and partions should match the server being replaced. Otherwise you will need to manually change some configuration settings to make it work.

These would be the general steps
- reinstall xcp-ng on new host
- install ha-lizard and iscsi-ha (and any dependencies)
- introduce the new server to the pool (replacing the failed server)
- restore the ha-lizard/iscsi-ha settings to the new server (if this fails, run iscsi-cfg backup from the master to backup what you need to perform the below)
iscsi-cfg restore
The following user(s) said Thank You: Varga B.

Steps to add +1 node in easiest way to 2 or 3 node cluster?From remote location. 3 years 1 month ago #2392

• Varga B.
  • Varga B.'s Avatar Topic Author
Thank you, I will try it to be sure. I hope it will works.

• Page: