Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

TOPIC:

Xenserver 7 support? 7 years 2 months ago #1125

• Salvatore Costantino
VMs should be kept running. Services should ideally be stopped before upgrading.

service ha-lizard stop -w
service iscsi-ha stop -w

(FYI - the "-w" flag will no longer work in the latest releases due to systemd compatibility. After upgrading, it will be necessary to stop ha-lizard and iscsi-ha watchdogs before stopping the services themselves)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Xenserver 7 support? 7 years 2 months ago #1128

Thank you @salvatore, after upgrading the commands are the same?

service ha-lizard stop -w
service iscsi-ha stop -w

Don't make much sense... if i stop the services before upgrade, after upgrade must stop them again?

Thanks

Xenserver 7 support? 7 years 2 months ago #1130

• Salvatore Costantino
The installer will start the services up again automatically when upgrading.

What I meant is that in older versions (pre XS 7), the -w flag could be passed in when starting/stopping the ha-lizard service. This would tell the init script to also start/stop the watchdog service.

Due to systemd's inability to accept additional arguments on the command line, -w is no longer supported. So, in order to stop in the latest release you must first stop the watchdog and then the service itself otherwise it will keep on starting.

Xenserver 7 support? 7 years 1 month ago #1200

I have my next maintenance slot in front of me. Just a quick question, if the installer was updated as mentioned.

I could not see in the release notes a corresponding statement, or am I blind? B)

Xenserver 7 support? 7 years 1 month ago #1201

• Salvatore Costantino
It's not clear which installer update you are referring to. If you are upgrading an existing 2-node system, you should not use the noSAN installer to perform an upgrade.

You should manually upgrade both ha-lizard and iscsi-ha. Each of these has its own installer included in the package that will handle the upgrade.

Xenserver 7 support? 7 years 1 month ago #1203

Salvatore Costantino wrote: Yes. In addition to running the installer on top of your existing installation, copy the contents of /scripts/init/ from the tarball and place in /etc/init.d/ since new init scripts have been created. We'll update the installers this week so that this won't be necessary in the future.

Sorry for not being clear enough. I do not refer to the no SAN installer but the above mentioned statement for upgrading an existing install.

BR Ajmind