Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

WFConnection state / Unconfigured state 5 years 6 months ago #1669

I have 2 iscsi drives set up. One of them, though, shows that it is in "Unconfigured state" on the Master and "WFConnection state" on the Slave. There are some now obsolete virtual drives showing up on that iscsi drive that I can't seem to do anything with (probably because it's not working right?) Any suggestions to clean this up? I'm not really sure where to start.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WFConnection state / Unconfigured state 5 years 6 months ago #1670

• Salvatore Costantino
WAs this ever working correctly? If so, what was the condition that triggered the error?

Also,when you state that you have 2 iscsi drives, does that mean you have 2 DRBD resources configured?

WFConnection state / Unconfigured state 5 years 6 months ago #1671

Yes, it was working previously and I have 2 DRBD resources configured. I'm really not sure what happened. A couple days ago I noticed a problem with a VM that wouldn't start. I thought it was a corrupt OS drive and it took a while to realize that none of the virtual drives on that iSCSI resource were working. I have since restored from backup to the second iSCSI drive.

I am unable to access any of the drives on the broken iSCSI drive but I don't need them at this point anyway. Is there an easy way to wipe it out and start over without having to redo everything? (I might have been able to figure this out last year when I was really in the weeds with this stuff, but it's been working so well since then that I haven't had to deal with anything!)

WFConnection state / Unconfigured state 5 years 6 months ago #1672

• Salvatore Costantino
You should not have to start over. If you are happy with the one working resource you could simply delete the second one that you don't want.

1- remove the broken resource from /etc/drbd.conf on both hosts
2- remove the reference to the broken DRBD resource from /etc/iscsi-ha/iscsi-ha.conf on both hosts
3- remove the second iscsi lun from /etc/tgtd/targets.conf
4-delete the broken iscsi Sr from the pool

Restart the following services
Drbd
Tgtd
Iscsi-ha

WFConnection state / Unconfigured state 5 years 6 months ago #1673

Well, close. I still need to use that now broken resource. But I don't need what's left of the data. I do want the drive space though. Is there an easy way to get the space back working again, even if it deletes all the data on it?

WFConnection state / Unconfigured state 5 years 6 months ago #1674

• Salvatore Costantino
Here are the basic steps, assuming the same drive references will be used. You can get specific commands from the reference design document on the website

- forget the Sr from xencenter
- erase any old lvm meta data from the drives using dd to zero out the beginning portion of the drive
- create new drbd meta data on the drives using drbdadm
- bring up the DRBD resource and perform initial sync
- restart DRBD and then tgtd

That should do

• Page: