Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

XenServer hosts network 7 years 1 day ago #1292

Hello,

I am currently testing an HA-XenServer setup and never worked with this software before. Now I have got some basic Linux knowledge but I am not superman with this.

I have got a question about the network the HA needs to be in. Right now I have got 2 XenServers with the following network settings
xen-1:
- 2 NICs
- 3 Networks
- In pool with other (slave) XenServer
  xapi0: 10.10.10.1
  xenbr1: 176.31.227.X
  xenbr2: 10.0.0.1

xen-2:
- 2 NICs
- 3 Networks
- In pool with other (master) XenServer
  xapi0: 10.10.10.2
  xenbr1: 176.31.227.X
  xenbr2: 10.0.0.2
image of network

Now I am trying to use the 10.10.10.X for the HA-Lizard setup, however I can't ping eachother hosts. Both servers have an IP in the same subnet, both in same Datacenter but I guess they can't reach eachother somehow on the Pool IP.
image of ping

My Question: Is it possible to setup some sort of network, or do I need to change some settings in the Network, to get the HA-Lizard to use this IP?

Thanks for reading!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

XenServer hosts network 6 years 11 months ago #1294

• Salvatore Costantino
Looks like you have declared a gateway on a 176 network on your pool network which is a 10 network. Try removing the Gateway you have declared for the pool network.

XenServer hosts network 6 years 11 months ago #1295

Thank you for your reply!
Yes I tried using the same gateway to see what would happen. I basically tried alot of options; different NIC's, different Gateways, different sort of Networks (external, cross, private etc.) but didn't get it working yet.

I have now removed the gateway as you said but this is still not working. Probably because its not on the same physical switch/network. image
# ping 10.0.0.2
PING 10.0.0.2 (10.0.0.2) 56(84) bytes of data.
From 10.0.0.1 icmp_seq=1 Destination Host Unreachable
From 10.0.0.1 icmp_seq=2 Destination Host Unreachable
From 10.0.0.1 icmp_seq=3 Destination Host Unreachable
^C
--- 10.0.0.2 ping statistics ---

However I have now setup vSwitch and a Cross-Server private network but this is still not working. When I check the
pif-list
it does show that there is a tunnel but no IP. pastebin

I know it should now be possible to ping a VM from each host when you connect the cross-private-network to it, but is it also possible to setup the vswitch/cross-server-private network to ping the hosts?
I would like to use this for the HA-Lizard setup so I got a replication IP per host since I only have 2 NIC's.

XenServer hosts network 6 years 11 months ago #1305

Salvatore Costantino wrote: Looks like you have declared a gateway on a 176 network on your pool network which is a 10 network. Try removing the Gateway you have declared for the pool network.

Have you got any ideas? Thank you

• Page: