Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Installation help 7 years 1 month ago #1215

I have 2 fresh new XenServers running version 7. I tried to install halizard_nosan_installer_1.4.7 and ran into some error messages (which of course I don't have now.) I kept going with the install but can't seem to get things working. I'm hoping it's just a configuration issue and that things are actually installed OK but I'm having trouble figuring out what is going on. I have watched the video and read the install instructions but am getting nowhere.

First question - the "floating IP." I am not sure I understand where that comes from. I can't seem to figure out where that is set. I see it in iscsi-ha.conf but is that the only place it's configured? Can I just use an unused IP address? When I tried that I am unable to create a new iSCSI storage point, so something is clearly wrong.

"ha-cfg status" shows that the Pool HA Status is ENABLED on both machines, but the slave shows that the Daemon Status is not running.

"iscsi-cfg status" shows running but there is no virtual IP on the master; the slave shows what I set above but says it is not local. The screen keeps flipping to say that the cache is old.

I'm very confused...hopefully it's just me and some simple fixes. I'm open to suggestions here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Installation help 7 years 1 month ago #1216

• Salvatore Costantino
The installers are Xenserver version specific.
For XenServer 6.x - installer version = 1.4.7
For Xenserver 7.x - installer version = 2.1.3 (scroll to bottom of downloads page)

Regarding the floating IP. This is configured in only one place as you have noted. It should fall within the same subnet that is assigned to your replication network interfaces.

For example, our default settings use:
master replication IP = 10.10.10.1/24
slave replication IP = 10.10.10.2/24
floating IP = 10.10.10.3/24

Installation help 7 years 1 month ago #1217

Oh, damn - I thought I downloaded the right version. I must have had a brain fart. How badly have I screwed up my system now? Can I just run the correct installer or am I completely screwed up?

Installation help 7 years 1 month ago #1218

• Salvatore Costantino
I don't recommend running the installer on top of what you have. It would be easier to start from a clean pool.

Installation help 7 years 1 month ago #1219

OK, thanks for the quick responses. I'll re-install XenServer and start over. That brings up another question though - is there an uninstallation routine? What if I decide not to use HA-Lizard after all?

Also, I'm setting these machines up in my lab but then need to bring them to a client where there is a different IP address scheme. Can I just edit the configuration files to adjust the IP addresses when I deliver the servers?

Installation help 7 years 1 month ago #1220

• Salvatore Costantino
to uninstall, revert any affected files. The reference design will list any files that are modified during installation.

- /etc/sysconfig/iptables
- /etc/lvm/lvm.conf
- /etc/lvm/master/lvm.conf

also - uninstall the following packages:
- ha-lizard
- iscsi-ha
- drbd
- tgt

Regarding changing of IPs. You should be able to leave your replication IPs the same after a move since they are on a closed network between the hosts. That leaves the management interfaces which you can change just like an ordinary xenserver deployment. No config file changes are required as the IPs are all read in at runtime by ha-lizard