Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Install Ha-Lizard after NoSAN 3 years 9 months ago #2044

• Carlos Marchi
  • Carlos Marchi's Avatar Topic Author
Hi there!

I've installed Halizard NoSAN on to a new pair of servers recently, running the latest XCP-ng. The install went without any noticeable error, iscsi is running fine, drbd is running fine, so I imported the VMs without checking the Ha-Lizard part, only to find out that it's just not there :)

Is it safe to just run the ha-lizard installer now?

This may look like (or really be) a silly question, but I honestly couldn't came to a safe conclusion reading the docs/forum and I only had experiences installing halizard nosan on fresh hosts, without anything running on it.

Thank you,
Carlos Marchi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Install Ha-Lizard after NoSAN 3 years 9 months ago #2045

• Salvatore Costantino
The only way for ha-lizard (noSAN) to be removed from a host is to either:

- manually remove (not in this case)
or
- perform an upgrade to dom0 using and XCP/XenServer ISO

So, did you upgrade the servers using ISO after completing your HA-Lizard installation? If so, running the installer will likely cause problems (there is a procedure for this). I don't think this is the scenario in your case, but need to rule it out. Also, if this were the situation, your VMs would not be operating.

How did you check/verify that your installation is gone? Can you check whether the CLI tools are there?
ha-cfg status
iscsi-cfg status

Install Ha-Lizard after NoSAN 3 years 9 months ago #2048

• Carlos Marchi
  • Carlos Marchi's Avatar Topic Author

Salvatore Costantino wrote:
So, did you upgrade the servers using ISO after completing your HA-Lizard installation? If so, running the installer will likely cause problems (there is a procedure for this). I don't think this is the scenario in your case, but need to rule it out. Also, if this were the situation, your VMs would not be operating.

How did you check/verify that your installation is gone? Can you check whether the CLI tools are there?

ha-cfg status
iscsi-cfg status

No, I haven't gone through the upgrade path, these were clean installs of XCP-ng followed by the halizard_nosan_installer_2.1.7 script on both hosts.

iscs-cfg status is working properly
ha-cfg status doesn't exist

The VMs were imported after I checked that the drbd status was synced and iscs-cfg status was ok, but I haven't checked the ha-cfg status before importing them.

Install Ha-Lizard after NoSAN 3 years 9 months ago #2051

• Salvatore Costantino
You can reinstall just the ha-lizard component safely. The default config will provide working HA, however, you should make changes accordingly to alerts, HA mode, etc...

You can install with the following RPM:
halizard.org/release/ha-lizard/ha-lizard-2.2.3-1.rpm
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos Marchi

• Page: