Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Installing iSCSI-HA 6 years 4 months ago #1440

• Rob Hall
  • Rob Hall's Avatar Topic Author
Good morning everyone,
I'm doing a PoC of HA-Lizard on XenServer 7.2, but I can't even get the stupid software installed. I know DRBD is a prerequisite, but I can't find any information on how to get DRBD installed ; it just tells me it has to be, and google searches are turning up nil other than the source packages on the linbit website, which I can't compile because Citrix doesn't apparently doesn't install XenServer with kernel source.
Is there a legit, up-to-date guide for getting this stuff running, or am I wasting my time?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Installing iSCSI-HA 6 years 4 months ago #1442

• Salvatore Costantino
there are 2 ways to build a 2 node cluster with our software:

1- the manual way. Follow this guide which provides step by step instructions. This method can be error prone for users that are not comfortable with editing files
halizard.com/images/pdf/iscsi-ha_2-node_...Server_7.x_final.pdf

2- the easy way. Download this script and run on each of your hosts. The hosts need to have only 2 prerequisites met before running the script. (1) the 2 hosts must be joined to a pool (2) you must configure a network interface to be used for replication. There is a YouTube video available that goes through the entire process, step by step

halizard.com/ha-lizard-software/ha-lizard-nosan-installer-xen-7

m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=WBMBA_AVC5w
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rob Hall

Installing iSCSI-HA 6 years 4 months ago #1443

• Rob Hall
I'm sorry - this isn't what I was asking about at all. My question is about getting the appropriate DRBD packages installed. The documentation for HA-Lizard iSCSI just says you have to have it ; no documentation on how.

Last edit: by Rob Hall.

Installing iSCSI-HA 6 years 4 months ago #1444

• Salvatore Costantino
The link in the previous response (under "the manual way") very specifically explains how to install DRBD packages in steps 3 and 4 of the document.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rob Hall

Installing iSCSI-HA 6 years 3 months ago #1449

• Rob Hall
You're right ; I somehow missed that part. I got it installed and replication was successful - now I have another problem that I'll start another thread about. Thank you!

• Page: